Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I originally had this marinade posted with my Savoury Chicken #60844, but it is so good with all sorts of meats that I decided to repost on its own. Very easy to make up. Sensational flavour. You'll love it as much as I do.
- 2 cups dry red wine
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup firmly-packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- Mix marinade ingredients in large bowl.
- Pour marinade over meat of choosing.
- Cover and refrigerate 2-4 hours.
- If baking in the marinade, once meat is done, you can boil down the marinade till thick and syrupy and use as a sauce.
- If grilling, brush marinade over meat several times to provide maximum flavour and boil down remainder until syrupy and use as a sauce.
Used this for chicken and it was good, not great. I think it would probably work really well for steak.
Tasty marinade but it made way more than I needed for my roast so I'm saving the rest for the next one. I increased the garlic & ginger abit. Also added abit of teriyaki sauce I had on hand. We used it on a pork roast & it came out flavourful, thanks for sharing.
Great marinade and even better sauce when reduced. I used Madeira wine and forgot to add the oregano, but my hugely picky family really liked it. So thumbs up!!!