Recipe by Cooputo
We make this pasta dough and it turns out perfectly every time. We use the food processor for the dough and a manual crank pasta machine for the noodles. Start to finish our pasta is done in less than 15 min and ready to cook!
Top Review by leahhutchinson
Awesome recipe! Dough was easy to handle and pasta came out light and delicious. I kneaded using the dough hook of my KitchenAid mixer, added an extra tablespoon of water, and made fettuccine with the KitchenAid pasta attachments.
- 1 cup semolina flour
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs, room temp
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon water
Directions See How It's Made
- place first 5 ingredients in the bowl of a food processor using the metal blade.
- pulse food processor until dough takes on a corn-meal type texture.
- SLOWLY drizzle water while processor is running until dough forms a ball (sometimes we don't even need any water, so watch your dough closely).
- Remove dough to a lightly floured surface.
- From here we use our pasta machine to form our noodles. We use the widest setting for 6 cycles, lightly flowering the surfaces of the pasta if they become sticky. We then do only 1 cycle per setting until dough is to desired thickness.
- Let sheets sit for 15 minutes prior to using your preferred cutting technique.
- We spin the noodles into loose nests and dry on a cookie sheet for about 30 minute prior to cooking.
- These will cook very quickly, even the wider noodles in under 5 minute
- I have found a good tip for knowing when they are done is when they start to float!