Recipe by spicyperspective
A super QUICK, highly impressive, devilishly delicious salad that makes a great meal or appetizer! This is one to serve when you want to make a great impression!
- 1⁄2 cup mint leaf
- 3 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup grapeseed oil
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 8 xl diver scallops
- cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 8 slices watermelon
- 1 bunch radish
- 5 ounces baby arugula
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Using a 2- 3 inch cookie cutter, cut the watermelon into 8 rounds. Slice the radishes thin and set aside.
- Pat the scallops dry and remove the “foot.” Sprinkle with salt, pepper and cayenne pepper.
- Heat a large skillet to high. Drizzle a scant amount of oil in the skillet and carefully rub it around with a paper towel. When the skillet is smoking; place the scallops top down. Sear for 1 1/2 minutes until you can see carmelization around the edges.
- Using tongs or a metal spatula, flip the scallops. Add 1 tablespoon of butter to the skillet and cook 1-2 more minutes.
- Puree the mint, vinegar, grape seed oil, agave, salt and pepper in the blender. To assemble: Place a handful of arugula on a plate. Add one watermelon round on the arugula, followed by a scallop. Arrange the radishes around and drizzle with mint vinaigrette.
- Makes 8 first-course servings, or 2-4 dinner servings.