1/2 Photos of Seared Scallop Watermelon Salad W/ Sparkling Mint Vinaigrette
A super QUICK, highly impressive, devilishly delicious salad that makes a great meal or appetizer! This is one to serve when you want to make a great impression!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Using a 2- 3 inch cookie cutter, cut the watermelon into 8 rounds. Slice the radishes thin and set aside.
- 2Pat the scallops dry and remove the “foot.” Sprinkle with salt, pepper and cayenne pepper.
- 3Heat a large skillet to high. Drizzle a scant amount of oil in the skillet and carefully rub it around with a paper towel. When the skillet is smoking; place the scallops top down. Sear for 1 1/2 minutes until you can see carmelization around the edges.
- 4Using tongs or a metal spatula, flip the scallops. Add 1 tablespoon of butter to the skillet and cook 1-2 more minutes.
- 5Puree the mint, vinegar, grape seed oil, agave, salt and pepper in the blender. To assemble: Place a handful of arugula on a plate. Add one watermelon round on the arugula, followed by a scallop. Arrange the radishes around and drizzle with mint vinaigrette.
- 6Makes 8 first-course servings, or 2-4 dinner servings.
Browse Our Top < 15 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 15 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Seared Scallop Watermelon Salad W/ Sparkling Mint Vinaigrette
Serving Size: 1 (341 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 243.4
- Calories from Fat 146
- Total Fat 16.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 8.7 mg
- Sodium 334.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 18.1 g
- Protein 4.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: