Recipe by FLUFFSTER
Here's a delicious spaghetti recipe! This is a wonderful way to try different types of seafood. It's really a snap to put together.This is a favorite in my household! I hope it will be for yours as well. Just be sure that your fish monger fixes you up with the freshest fish he's got. Times are approximate, and do not include pasta cooking. You can put different types of fish in this recipe, but times may vary.
Top Review by Jean R
Great flavors! My 16 year old son gobbled this up. I used clams, scallops and prawns. I tweaked the cooking time on the garlic - cooking it just 30 seconds in the olive oil before adding the clams. I also added the prawns and scallops in at step 5. For most fish you'll really want to pay attention to the cooking time - 4 minutes was just right for my ingrediants. If you cook shell fish too long it toughens up! Thanks for posting this easy, tasty dish!
- 1 lb spaghetti
- 1 lb blue mussels
- 1 lb small clam
- 16 jumbo shrimp
- 8 roma tomatoes, peeled, seeded, and diced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 ounces extra virgin olive oil
- 1 bunch fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- 1 bunch fresh basil, chopped
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 ounces white wine
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, add olive oil and garlic.
- Sauté until golden brown.
- Add blue mussels, clams and while wine.
- Simmer about 1 minute.
- Then add diced tomatoes, pepper flakes, parsley, basil and black pepper.
- Simmer for about 4 minutes.
- The final step is to add the al dente pre-cooked spaghetti.