1/5 Photos of Seafood Chili
The original recipe for this chili calls for "frozen haddock fillets" but I have used cod and it worked well. Any fairly firm white fish will do. (not sure where this came from, have had it for years on copied sheet, one of those type that are passed around an office; it is good and a nice change from the regular type of chili.)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb frozen cod (or your choice of firm white fish)
- 1 tablespoon butter (or olive oil)
- 1/2 cup onion, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, sliced
- 1/2 cup sweet green pepper, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1 (19 ounce) can tomatoes
- 1 (14 ounce) can red kidney beans
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch (more if you wish it thicker)
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1Partially thaw fillets and cut into 1 inch pieces.
- 2Saute onions, celery, green pepper, garlic in butter or oil, just until tender.
- 3Add remaining ingredients, except fish.
- 4Cover and slow simmer gently for 30 minutes or until thick, stirring occasionally.
- 5Add fish; cover and simmer 7 minutes or until fish is opaque and flakes easily.
- 6We like it served over brown rice.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Seafood Chili
Serving Size: 1 (284 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 202.0
- Calories from Fat 27
- Total Fat 3.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 37.5 mg
- Sodium 364.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.7 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 20.4 g