Recipe by Jessievs
My husband makes this for us about once a week. It is so wonderful that I had to post it. We often use chicken instead of scallops and substitute different types of cabbage. It always turns out delicious. The garlic is KEY! :)
Top Review by Andrrrea
This is absolutely delicious! I'm a new cook and haven't been married that long, so it was great that it was simple and I still got rave reviews from my husband. What's funny is that neither of us likes bell peppers, but I took a chance. Glad I did! He still doesn't know he had bell peppers, and I'm not telling. Only a fantastic flavor was left behind. Next time, I'll add all of the cashews. I chickened out at the last minute and only put in half, but they got so tender, we loved the flavor & texture of them. I served it over tender brown rice. What a great meal. Thank you and thank your husband. Will make this again!
- 2 lbs scallops, quartered
- 3 cups bok choy, chopped
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup bell pepper, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups green onions, chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 cup water chestnut
- 1 cup bamboo shoot
- 1⁄2 cup cashews
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup rice wine vinegar
- soy sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat half of the olive oil in a large pan over very high heat. Add scallops and cook until just done. Remove and set aside.
- Add broccoli and bok choy. Saute until they begin to brown and add bell peppers, onions and garlic. Pour in half of the rice wine vinegar, more olive oil and some soy sauce.
- When vegetables are almost fully cooked, return the scallops to the pan. Add water chestnuts, bamboo shoots, remaining olive oil, rice wine vinegar and soy sauce. before serving add cashews and allow them to cook for a minute.
- Serve immediately over a bed of white rice.
- NOTE: The scallops tend to lose a lot of moisture into the pan. It is sometimes necessary to drain off the excess liquid, and return the pan to the stove for a moment before serving.