1/4 Photos of Savory Noodle Kugel
1 hr 30 mins
I could eat a whole pan of this.....don't let the amount of onions scare you.....they cook down.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Cook noodles uncovered in a large pot of boiling salted water over high heat about 4 minutes or until nearly tender but firmer than usual.
- 3Drain, rinse with cold water, then drain well again.
- 4Transfer to a large bowl.
- 5Heat 3 to 4 tablespoons oil in large skillet over medium-low heat.
- 6Add onions and saute about 20 minutes or until very tender and light brown, (but not burned!) stirring occasionally.
- 7Add salt, pepper, and 1 teaspoon paprika, and saute about 5 minutes or until well browned.
- 8Cool slightly.
- 9Stir onion mixture into noodles.
- 10Adjust seasoning, mixture should be seasoned generously.
- 11Add eggs and mix well.
- 12Oil a 2 quart baking dish and add noodle mixture.
- 13Sprinkle with remaining tablespoon oil, then dust with paprika.
- 14Bake uncovered 1 hour or until set.
- 15Serve from baking dish.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Savory Noodle Kugel
Serving Size: 1 (85 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 270.4
- Calories from Fat 111
- Total Fat 12.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 93.9 mg
- Sodium 33.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 8.0 g