3 hrs 35 mins
Chef #966475's Note:
A.1. Original Sauce Recipe Contest Entry. This versatile, soft and chewy bread requires only basic bread making skills. The bread makes super sandwiches, but is equally good with salads, soups and main dishes. My family has been known to eat an entire loaf with butter for a snack! Everyone will be so surprised with the ease in preparation and the ingredients in which this artisan style bread is made. You will want to make two loafs as fast as this bread is eaten, one to freeze and the other to savor. Who knew that A.1. sauce is not only for steak!
My Private Note
Round l ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place mayo, A.1. sauce, brown sugar in a one cup measurement. Add enough water to equal one cup. Stir to combine. Add mixture to mixing bowl with a bread dough hook attached.
- 2Add yeast to bowl, stir and let sit for approximately 5 minutes or until yeast "blooms".
- 3Add flour, polenta, salt, oil and mayo to bowl. Turn mixer to medium and kneed for 4-5 minutes. Clean dough hook and remove. Cover bowl with a towel and let rise for approximately 1 hour or until dough is doubled in size. Dough will be sticky and soft.
- 4Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Remove dough from bowl on a lightly floured surface. Hand kneed dough for 2-3 minutes until elastic and no longer sticky.
- 5Spray a 8 inch round pan or casserole dish with oil and as evenly as you can press dough to cover entire bottom on pan. Let rise in a warm place for another hour or until dough has doubled in size.
- 6With a very sharp knife, cut the top of dough in an X, one half inch deep from one side of the pan to the other. Bake in oven for 30-40 minutes or until loaf sounds hollow when tapped and top of loaf is golden brown.
- 7Remove loaf and let sit for 5 minutes in pan. Take loaf out of pan and place on rack to cool. Serve sliced when cooled.
Browse Our Top Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Savory Artisan Round Bread With A.1. #A1
Serving Size: 1 (71 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 258.2
- Calories from Fat 59
- Total Fat 6.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.3 mg
- Sodium 402.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 6.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
A.1. Original Sauce