Recipe by Pokey in San Antonio, TX
After 32 years in the military, I have become quite fond of S.O.S.. I'm the cook in our house, but I get breakfast cooked for me twice a year (my birthday and anniversary). My request is always the same--S.O.S. This is my wife's recipe--I love it.
Top Review by Doug J.
Can also brown the sausage (I use 1 16oz package of Jimmy Dean Sage and 1 16oz package of Jimmy Dean Hot), don't drain the grease and add 1-2 cups flour (until the meat is covered white-ish) then start adding milk until you reach desired consistency. That is how i make Sausage Biscuits and Gravy
- 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb jimmy dean's hot sausage
- 2 cups milk
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1 -2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 6 slices whole wheat bread
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown the ground beef or sausage, drain and set aside. Be sure to season the ground beef with a little salt and pepper.
- Melt butter in sauce pan. Add flour and stir till butter/flour mixture is bubbly.
- Add milk, salt, and pepper.
- Stir constantly until thick and bubbly.
- Add meat and stir.
- Serve over whole wheat toast. Great over biscuits as well.
- Note: For an evening meal substitute chipped beef.