These little cookies look like glittery strawberries. They're very sweet, but absolutely delicious. They look fabulous on a tray for a holiday party. I got the recipe from a teacher I was assisting in Colorado back in the early 1970s. We've made them as gifts for Mother's Day and Valentine's Day as well as the December holidays.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (6 ounce) boxes wild strawberry gelatin
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups pecans, chopped
- 2 cups flaked coconut
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 4 ounces red sugar crystals (approximately)
- 3 ounces green sugar crystals (approximately)
- 50 -60 slivered almonds
- 20 drops green food coloring
- 1Read the whole recipe before starting, and set everything out that you will need before starting. When you have everything ready, combine Jello, pecans, coconut. Mix well.
- 2Add in sweetened condensed milk and vanilla. Stir to form a ball of dough. Cover and chill 1/2 to 1 hour or longer.
- 3Place about 50-60 of the slivered almonds in a jar with a lid, add 15-20 drops of green food color, and shake the closed jar until the color is evenly distributed and the almonds are colored green. These will be your strawberry stems.
- 4Cover your cookie sheet or tray with waxed paper. Remove 1/2 of dough, leave the rest covered. Shape by tablespoonful into a ball then add a point on one end and flatten the other end to get the approximate shape of a strawberry.
- 5With the red and green sugars on separate saucers or pie pans, roll the pointed end in the red sugar, then dip the flat end in the green sugar.
- 6Insert a green slivered almond into the middle of the green sugared flat side of the strawberry. Set the finished berry on the wax paper. and start over shaping your next strawberry.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sandy's Strawberry Candy Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (44 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 25
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 225.5
- Calories from Fat 86
- Total Fat 9.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 5.4 mg
- Sodium 103.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 31.2 g
- Protein 3.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: