Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Recipe is put together by my 7yo DD Sammie, so it's suiting that they be 7 Layer Bars. These are the only kind of bars that last more than a couple days around here. It’s not because they’re not tempting, it’s because they’re so RICH and you can’t eat more than a couple at a time. Even my kids can't handle too many of these at once. A tall glass of milk is definitely in order here.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 1⁄2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 1⁄3 cups flaked coconut
- 6 semi-sweet chocolate baking squares, chopped
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄2 cup toffee pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In 13x9 baking pan line with foil and grease.
- Mix butter and graham cracker crumbs. Press into pan. Sprinkle coconut, chocolate, pecans and toffee chips over crumb layer. Cover entire pan with the condensed milk.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 15 minutes or more. Cut into bars! Spray knife with cooking spray if it is sticky.
Made these bars to serve to a group I'm hosting tomorrow evening, & was about to make a double batch, then didn't! Instead, because of all the talk about how rich they are, I cut the one batch into 24 bars & that will work out perfectly! Now I just have to keep my hands off them (well, except for the 3 I've already eaten!) until . . . Thanks for a very, very tasty bar treat! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Please Review My Recipe]
These were really good. I made them for my husband to take to work with him last night. The kids don't like nuts, so I just sent the whole batch with him. He said the guys at work loved them. I thought they were perfect as is, but hubby thinks they would be better with more chocolate. I am never disappointed with a recipe by Jess. Thanks.
This is a great version of seven layer bars! I used mini semi-sweet chocolate chips and fat-free condensed milk. I've never made these with all pecans before - I very much enjoyed them!