Recipe by Cathy17
My mom made this around Christmas time, but it's a great light dessert for anytime of the year! This has been a family favourite for as long as I can remember and I requested it often.
Top Review by Kittencal@recipezazz
I have been wanting to make this pie for ages and I finally made it tonight, I was so pleased with the way it turned out, I used Captain Morgan's spiced rum as that is all I had on hand, I may make it again to take to a friend's house for New Years, thanks for sharing Cathy!
- 3 ounces gelatin (or whatever size it normally comes in your area)
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
- 1 (14 ounce) can Eagle Brand Condensed Milk
- 1⁄4-1⁄3 cup dark rum
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 baked pie crusts or 1 graham cracker crust or 1 chocolate cookie pie crust, crust or 1 chocolate-flavored pie crust
- 1 tablespoon chocolate shavings (optional) or 1 tablespoon baking coconut (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle gelatin on cold water. Place over hot water and stir until dissolved.
- Blend Eagle Brand and rum in medium sized bowl.
- Gradually add gelatin and stir.
- Chill a short time until mixture starts to thicken.
- Whip cream and gently fold into milk mixture.
- Turn into prepared pie shell and chill in fridge until firm (about 2-3 hours).
- Sprinkle optional chocolate and/or coconut on top and enjoy!
- Cook time includes chilling time.