Recipe by NC Gal
I got this recipe from CeCe, a sweet lady at a campground in Lebanan MO. I was living in a 5th wheel camper with my DH for his job. We became friends and spent plenty of time together while my DH was off working. Being a newlywed I was always looking for good cheap meals to fix for us. We like to eat this with mashed potatoes or egg noodles.
Top Review by pterri28
I cooked it on the stove in a heavy pan, med-low heat, after sauce cooked down ,added a little more beer so it wouldn't stick to pan, served it over rice. I had to stop myself from eating it all it was so delicious. If you don't have 2 lbs of meat do not reduce the amount of sauce, you'll want more!!
- 2 lbs round steaks
- 1⁄2 cup flour, to roll meat in
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can tomatoes, pureed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3⁄4 cup beer
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- flour steak then brown in oil in skillet.
- then place meat in a 2 quart casserole dish.
- in the skillet brown onion.
- stir in tomatoes, oregano, basil worcestershire sauce, beer salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil for 1 minute.
- pour sauce over meat in casserole dish.
- bake covered in a 350 oven for 1 1/2 hours.