Recipe by emsiizilla
You can roast the veggies up to one day ahead and refrigerate them. To reheat, simply place them on a large jelly roll pan in the oven at 350 degrees for ten to fifteen minutes, or until roasted to your tastes.
Top Review by maass1
I made this for Thanksgiving instead of the usual whipped, marshmallow topped sweet potatoes. It was delicious!!! I received rave reviews on it and can't wait to make it again. I made it recipe the day of. I baked the vegetables while the turkey was resting after coming out of the oven. I did everything exactly as the recipe indicated and it all came out perfectly.
- 4 carrots (about 3/4 pound)
- 2 sweet potatoes (about 1 pound total)
- 1 butternut squash (about 2 pounds)
- 8 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- coarse salt, to taste
- ground pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees; cover two rimmed baking sheets or jelly roll pans with aluminum foil.
- Peel all vegetables and garlic cloves. Halve carrots lengthwise and crosswise; halve thick pieces once more. Cut sweet potatoes and squash into 3-by-1/2 inch pieces. Slice the garlic thinly.
- Combine all vegetables and garlic in a large bowl. Toss with oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Divide the mixture onto the two baking sheets and place in oven. Roast until veggies are tender and starting to brown, 25 to 35 minutes, rotating sheets from top to bottom halfway through.