Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Creamy & delicious! Use on mixed salad greens, use as a dip or toss with warm potatoes for a quick salad.
- 1 head garlic
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- Separate, peel garlic cloves & place in small saucepan with oil; cover & cook over low heat, shaking pan often until golden & softened, about 25 minutes.
- Transfer to small food processor or blender; add next 5 ingredients & blend until smooth.
- Stir in onion; refrigerate in air-tight container for up to 1 week.
I love the method to pan-cook the garlic cloves. I bought pre-peeled garlic cloves and used 18 (2 oz) of them. Also, we did not have 1/2 cup buttermilk on hand, so I used 1/4 cup milk and 1/4 cup plain yogurt instead. This is fantastic with red pepper strips and roasted tomatoes.
I made this today for my salad, with the roasted garlic I keep in my freezer. I just blended my already-roasted garlic with all of the other ingredients omitting the oil. I really cannot describe how delicious this dressing is... also, I added in a few tablespoons of Parmesan cheese, and used freshly ground black pepper... What an amazing dressing, this is.... one everyone should try!... another winner Marg! thanks for sharing...Kitten:)