Recipe by EdsGirlAngie
A succulent roast pork using the ingredients of a Cuba Libre - rum, cola, and lime juice - in a brine of kosher salt, brown sugar and honey. The brine smells a little boozy, but the flavors are subtle and delicious! This brine works for other pork cuts, too, such as tenderloin or even thick pork chops, and meat can also be grilled (so cook time is approximate for that variable, and also according to which cut of meat used). Prep time is the brining time.
- 1⁄4 cup dark rum (I like Myers)
- 1 1⁄2 cups cola
- 2 limes, juice of
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup kosher salt
- 1 small pork roast (3 lbs. or so)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients (except pork) until salt and sugar are dissolved.
- Marinate pork, covered, for 2 days in the refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Roast marinated pork, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 325 degrees and roast, covered, for approximately and hour to an hour and a half more, or until done.