Recipe by Roxi
Also affectionately known around our house as "ugly casserole". I don't remember where I oringinally found this recipe but I've been making it for over 15 years. Everyone in the family loves this stuff. I hope your family will enjoy it, too.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 (6 1/4 ounce) boxes Rice-A-Roni
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 4 cups hot water
- 1 (6 ounce) can Durkee onions
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown beef in a skillet; drain off grease.
- Place drained beef in a large bowl. Add seasoning packets from rice mix, soup, and water. Whisk until thoroughly blended. Mix in rice and noodles from boxes.
- Place in a greased 9 x 13" glass casserole dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
- Remove from oven and stir thoroughly, making sure to scrape the bottom of the casserole, so the rice isn't sticking.
- Return it to the oven and bake 10 minutes more, sprinkling the onions over the top for the last 3 minutes.