Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a simple recipe I cut from a newspaper years ago and is great for when you have more rhubarb than you know what to do with.
- rhubarb (cut into pieces)
- sugar syrup
- Take the cut-up rhubarb, put it in freezer bags and freeze it.
- Remove the rhubarb from the freezer as you need it and place it in a colander or large strainer.
- Let it sit over a bowl and as it thaws, the juice will drip into the bowl.
- (Give it a little squeeze to get all the juice.) Sweeten to taste with sugar syrup (or non-sugar sweetener if you choose).
- You may also want to cut it down with water, soda, or whatever.
We make this all the time. It's fantastic diluted with 7-Up or another fizzy lemon-lime drink.