Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
These look like a new alternative to the crispy rice treat bars! *note* the cooking time is actually the cooling time..
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 (10 ounce) bagregular marshmallows
- 1 (14 1/4 ounce) box Reese's Puffs cereal
- 1⁄4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- Cut 18x12-inch sheet of waxed paper; place on work surface. In 4-quart Dutch oven, melt butter and marshmallows over low heat, stirring frequently, until smooth. Stir in cereal, Spread cereal mixture on waxed paper; cool 5 minutes.
- Cut 34x12-inch sheet of waxed paper; place on work surface. Lightly spray hands with cooking spray. With hands, shape cereal mixture into 2 1/2-inch balls.
- In small microwavable dish, microwave chocolate chips and shortening on High 1 to 1 1/2 minutes, stirring until smooth. Drizzle chocolate over cereal balls.
- Let stand at least 30 minutes until chocolate is set before serving.
Ooooohhhhh these treats are so good! I figured someone must have tried using Reese Puffs in place of rice krispies to make a square so I searched Zaar and voila! I made just half of the recipe and used half margarine and half peanut butter. Then pressed into a greased 8 x 8 pan and drizzled with the chocolate. (I was too lazy to do the rolling in to balls part). Absolutely wonderful and I highly recommend them. Beats the old Rice Krispie version hands down. Next time I will know enough to make the whole recipe! Thx much Eat it up!
A nice take on cereal balls, I think I am going to serve it on easter