Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
These are so decadent
Make and share this Red Velvet Pancakes recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon red food coloring
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1.Whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, sugar, and cocoa powder in a large bowl.
- 2.In another large bowl, beat egg with buttermilk, sour cream, food coloring, and vanilla extract until smooth.
- 3.Slowly whisk in the flour mixture, adding melted butter in gradually as well, until all lumps are out.
- 4.Heat a large nonstick pan over medium heat, then drop in batter 1/4 cup at a time to form pancakes.
- 5.Flip when bottoms are set and bubbles are forming on top and cook until firm and fluffy all the way through.
- 6.Serve warm with cream cheese or syrup.
We made these this morning and used the cream cheese topping from Carrot Cake Pancakes With Cream Cheese Topping. It has a nice light chocolate taste that my son loves.
A really good recipe! I cut the recipe in half for my husband & lightened it up--used low fat buttermilk, Splenda, some whole wheat flour, Eggbeaters & just a little light butter. I didn't have any sour cream so I used more buttermilk--I had to use more than I thought I would need but it worked out all right! I threw in some chocolate chips but hubby said I could leave them out for next time. Thank you for sharing! Mine was pretty "red" from the food coloring!
The taste is very good. I thought it would be more red. But because of the cacao it was not. I'm curious to try without the cacao. Thanks Gingerly :) Made for New Kids of the Block tag game