Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 hrs
A nicely tomato-ey bean stew, if not quite good enough to sell a birthright for!
- 2 (15 1/2 ounce) cans red beans (I use Goya myself)
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can Manwich sloppy joe mix
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- Put everything in a crockpot.
- Cook in crockpot on low setting for 5-7 hours. (Probably OK to cook overnight if you have water in the crockpot to prevent early burning).
NOt only delicious but opened up a BIble discussion. THank you!
For just opening cans, the ease and taste are definitely worth it. With Bold Manwich, the recipe has a nice kick, and we'll definitely make it again.