Recipe by Rita~
Roasted baby potatoes topped with a lemony capers sauce topped with parmesan cheese.
Top Review by NurseJaney
YUMMY ! Had some baby reds and good shallots, looking for a new way to serve. Couldn't put potatoes directly on oven rack, too small ! It worked to put them on cookie cooling rack. Cut the butter to 1/4 cup and diced 2 shallots. Taters soft at 30 min, combined everything and put on warming spot on range top while I got everything else together. Served with sauteed scallops and shrimp, and chard from the garden. Lovely, easy prep. Thanks for posting, Rita !
- 12 small red potatoes (peeled if desired)
- 1 shallot, diced
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons capers, chopped
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- lemon slice
Directions See How It's Made
- Roast potatoes right on the rack in a preheated 400 degrees oven till tender about 45 minutes.
- Slice in half.
- Meanwhile saute onion in butter until tender. Reduce heat, stir in lemon juice, capers, parsley, salt and pepper. Cook until mixture is heated.
- Pour over potatoes. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Garnish with lemon slices.