Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Roasted baby potatoes topped with a lemony capers sauce topped with parmesan cheese.
- 12 small red potatoes (peeled if desired)
- 1 shallot, diced
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons capers, chopped
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- lemon slice
- Roast potatoes right on the rack in a preheated 400 degrees oven till tender about 45 minutes.
- Slice in half.
- Meanwhile saute onion in butter until tender. Reduce heat, stir in lemon juice, capers, parsley, salt and pepper. Cook until mixture is heated.
- Pour over potatoes. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Garnish with lemon slices.
YUMMY ! Had some baby reds and good shallots, looking for a new way to serve. Couldn't put potatoes directly on oven rack, too small ! It worked to put them on cookie cooling rack. Cut the butter to 1/4 cup and diced 2 shallots. Taters soft at 30 min, combined everything and put on warming spot on range top while I got everything else together. Served with sauteed scallops and shrimp, and chard from the garden. Lovely, easy prep. Thanks for posting, Rita !
This is quite a unique sauce recipe that is similar to piccata sauce used on chicken and fish. I baked the taters by cutting them in half first. I used green onion (on hand). Otherwise made to specs. Like the others, we also forgot the parmesan cheese. Hopefully next time we won't. Thanks for sharing the recipe. :)
Wow! This is so good. I don't know whats wrong with this recipe but I too forgot the Parmesan cheese. I will just have to make it again and see if adding the cheese takes it over the top. The capers give this such an unusual taste. Something you don't expect in potatoes. Thanks for posting. This is going in my best of 2009 cookbook. :)