Recipe by samcp4
I love this, and always feel I'm getting some much needed fruit and veg into my diet. Serve with crusty bread or on its own.
Top Review by Tulip-Fairy
Followed the recipe exactly, it turned out great, brilliant colour (see photo) very rich taste.The paprika gave it an exciting kick to it. I added Salt and black pepper at the table.
- 1 (400 g) can chopped tomatoes
- 1 red bell pepper, deseeded and cut into quarters
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 pint vegetable stock
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
Directions See How It's Made
- Grill the pepper skin side up until the skin is black.
- Allow the pepper to cool and peel off the skin and roughly chop the flesh.
- Place the pepper flesh, tomatoes, onion, stock, paprika and basil into a saucepan.
- Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Blend, strain, heat through gently and serve.