Recipe by Paris D
Note: Ingredient list does not include pasta because we didn't want it included in the nutrition calculations, but you will need to cook a pot of pasta for this recipe.
- 4 medium red bell peppers
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1⁄4 cup basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons basil, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Roast the red peppers over a gas flame or under the broiler, turning occasionally, until charred all over. Transfer the peppers to a bowl, cover with plastic wrap and let cool. Peel, core and chop the peppers.
- In a small skillet, toast the pine nuts over moderate heat until golden, about 4 minutes. Let cool.
- Transfer the peppers and pine nuts to a blender. Add the garlic and whole basil leaves and blend until coarsely chopped. Add the olive oil and puree to a chunky pesto. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a large saucepan of boiling salted water, add the pasta and cook until al dente. Drain and cool slightly under running water. Transfer the pasta to a bowl and toss with the pesto. Season the pasta with salt and pepper. Top with the chopped basil and parmesan and serve at room temperature.