- 236.59 ml dried red lentils
- 236.59 ml rolled oats
- 7.39 ml egg substitute or 1 whole egg
- 29.58 ml water
- 236.59 ml cooked brown rice
- 236.59 ml grated carrot
- 29.58 ml low sodium soy sauce or 29.58 ml Braggs liquid aminos
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4.92 ml dried sage
- 59.14 ml dried breadcrumbs (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook your lentils.
- Preheat oven to 350°F Oil a loaf pan and sprinkle sides and bottom with a tbsp of oats.
- Whisk egg replacer and water until light and foamy.
- In a large bowl, combine the egg replacer and lentils with the remaining ingredients. Add the bread crumbs if you desire a firmer loaf.
- Press mixture into loaf pan and bake for 40 minutes. Remove from oven and let stand 5 to 10 minutes before slicing.
- Serve with a red pepper sauce.
- Directions for the lentils per request:.
- 3 cups water to 1 cup dried red lentils.
- Stove top, you are looking at 15 to 20 minutes.
- Pressure cooker, 5 to 7 minutes.
- That should give you 1 2/3 cup cooked lentils.
- DO NOT SOAK.