Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This is from Taste of Home test kitchen.
- 2 cups lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh raspberries
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 cups cold water
- In a blender, combine the lemon juice, raspberries, blueberries and sugar. Cover and process until blended. Strain and discard seeds.
- In a 2 1/2 quart pitcher, combine berry mixture and water. Pour into a freezer container. Cover and freeze for 8 hours or overnight.
- Just before serving, remove from the freezer and let stand for 45 minutes or until slushy.
I really liked this! Sweet-tart, icy and refreshing! This would be so good on a really hot summer day. I froze mine overnight, and it was scrapeable/scoopable right out of the freezer. I didn't have time to wait 45 minutes for thawing, so I'm not sure yet if it becomes sippable slush, or if it stays scoopable, but either way is fine with me. This is definitely going in my summer rotation, thanks for posting! Made for PAC Spring 2014