Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
We like sweet potatoes a lot, and don't wait for a holiday to fix these.
- 2 lbs sweet potatoes
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Cover potatoes with water, bring to a boil.
- Lower heat and simmer for 25 minutes, until done.
- When cooled, peel and cut into chunks.
- Place in 2-qt baking dish.
- In small saucepan combine remaining ingredients, cook and stir until mixture boils.
- Pour over potatoes.
- Bake at 350°F for 40 minutes.
Allot more time to prep this dish than indicated. It takes approximately 1 hour 40 minutes if you count boiling potatoes and bringing the syrup to a boil.
Made this for Thanksgiving and it was a big hit with everybody, even people who didn't like sweet potatoes. I did double the sauce recipe since I just filled and 8x8 cassarole dish with the potatoes and needed enough sauce to cover. Very yummy.
Excellent recipe, loved it, will be a regular recipe from now on.