Recipe by The Blender Girl
This delectable raw vegan chocolate cinnamon mousse is SO easy, and epitomizes the “blend and chow in under 5 minutes” philosophy that I am so fond of. Just throw all the ingredients in your blender and puree until smooth. Adjust the flavourings to your taste. Then chill and devour. How easy is that? This is a fantastic beacon of hope for any chocolate mousse lover looking for an allergy-friendly alternative. This recipe is gluten-free, dairy-free, egg-free, nut-free and soy free. But definitely not taste free! YUM!
- 4 ripe organic avocados
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup raw cacao powder (this will vary according to the cocoa powder used) or 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup cocoa powder (this will vary according to the cocoa powder used)
- 3⁄4-1 cup raw agave nectar, to taste
- 3 tablespoons raw almond butter or 1⁄4 cup coconut cream
- 2 tablespoons natural vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch celtic sea salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Place all the ingredients in a high-speed blender and puree until smooth. You may need to use your tamper or spatula, scrape the sides of the blender and pulse a few times. This mixture gets very thick.
- Spoon into glasses and chill for a couple of hours before serving. YUM!