Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Chef Madeline Dee has a blog on Blogspot.com with this gem I found on Facebook, of all places! It combines two of my favorites - spinach, pear and walnut salad with filled pasta (ravioli) - into a yummy quick dinner!
- 1 lb frozen cheese ravioli (or tortellini)
- 2 pears, sliced thinly (ripe, but not mushy)
- 2 cups Baby Spinach, fresh
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated (plus 2-3 tbsp. more for garnish)
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, toasted
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 lemons, zest only
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- fresh parsley, for garnish
- Put a pot of salty water on the stove and bring it to a boil.
- Heat butter and olive oil over medium to medium-high heat, then sauté pears with the zest of 1 lemon and a little salt and pepper. When pears are softened, add in the spinach and the zest of the other lemon. Sauté until softened and season to taste with salt and pepper. Turn off heat.
- Boil ravioli until they float to the surface. Place your 1/2 cup Parmesan in a large bowl with the walnuts. When the ravioli are cooked, immediately remove them straight to the bowl with a slotted spoon. Add in the pears and spinach. Gently shake everything around to coat, season to taste, sprinkle with extra walnuts, Parmesan, and parsley, then enjoy!