- 2 ounces silver tequila, the cheap stuff
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 limes, juice of
- 1 -2 serrano chili, minced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 small white onion, minced
- 2 tablespoons alton brown's homemade chili powder, below
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients, marinate 1 to 2 pounds of unsliced skirt steak 8 hours in marinade before grilling it along with colored bell peppers, poblano chiles, and white onion halves. Let meat rest several minutes before slicing thinly against the grain. Serve sliced meat and vegetables on warm flour tortillas with sides of salsa, guacamole, pinto beans, and Recipe #461278.
- Alton Brown's homemade chili powder: We substitute ground chipotle for the smoked paprika in that recipe. Recipe #225751.