I made this for our dinner tonight. I'm sure I've seen similar recipes on here, but couldn't find one exactly the same. I had a cup of buttermilk, and a half envelope of ranch dressing mix, and as I hate waste, I went from there to create this. Prep time doesn't include marinating the chicken.
- 6 chicken thighs, cutlets bone in,skin off,about 700 g total
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄2 envelope original ranch dressing mix
- 4 teaspoons hot sauce (more if you wish)
- 1 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- cooking spray, to cook
- Prick the thigh cutlets all over with a fork.
- Mix together the buttermilk, ranch dressing mix and hot sauce.
- Marinate the chicken for at least 1 hour and overnight if you wish.
- Preheat your oven to 200C.
- Mix together the remaining ingredients (except spray oil) in a large bowl and dip the marinated chicken pieces into this, pressing on well.
- Place on a baking sheet, spray with oil and cook for about 40 minutes or until the juices run clear, reducing the oven to 180 after about 10 minutes.
- We ate this with a garden salad, and oven baked wedges.