1/3 Photos of Ranch Marinated Oven-fried Chicken
I made this for our dinner tonight. I'm sure I've seen similar recipes on here, but couldn't find one exactly the same. I had a cup of buttermilk, and a half envelope of ranch dressing mix, and as I hate waste, I went from there to create this. Prep time doesn't include marinating the chicken.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 chicken thighs, cutlets bone in,skin off,about 700 g total
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 envelope original ranch dressing mix
- 4 teaspoons hot sauce (more if you wish)
- 1 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- cooking spray, to cook
- 1Prick the thigh cutlets all over with a fork.
- 2Mix together the buttermilk, ranch dressing mix and hot sauce.
- 3Marinate the chicken for at least 1 hour and overnight if you wish.
- 4Preheat your oven to 200C.
- 5Mix together the remaining ingredients (except spray oil) in a large bowl and dip the marinated chicken pieces into this, pressing on well.
- 6Place on a baking sheet, spray with oil and cook for about 40 minutes or until the juices run clear, reducing the oven to 180 after about 10 minutes.
- 7We ate this with a garden salad, and oven baked wedges.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ranch Marinated Oven-fried Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (166 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 650.2
- Calories from Fat 327
- Total Fat 36.3 g
- Saturated Fat 12.0 g
- Cholesterol 175.8 mg
- Sodium 913.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 6.5 g
- Protein 46.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
original ranch dressing mix