April Fool the kids and have a good laugh yourself!!!
Make and share this "Grilled Cheese" recipe from Food.com.
- 2 slice poundcake (store bought is great)
- 236.59 ml white frosting (canned is fine)
- yellow food coloring
- red food coloring
- Cut the pound cake into bread-like slices.
- Toast them in a toaster oven or carefully in the toaster,just until they turn golden brown.
- Cool for a few minutes.
- Stack two slices for each sandwich and cut the stack in half diagonally (slicing the sandwich before you fill it makes for fewer crumbs).
- Tint the frosting by stirring in a few drops of yellow and red food coloring (more yellow than red) to get a shade of orange that resembles American cheese.
- Carefully spread frosting between the slices of each half sandwich.
- If you mound the frosting on one slice, then top it with the other and gently press down, the frosting will ooze out a bit and look all the more like melted cheese.