Recipe by newspapergal
My mom used to make this when I was a kid. Last week, DH had eaten all the Magic Shell ( :) ) so I whipped out my cookbook & whipped this up -- it's just as I remembered! Quick, and with such a good flavor. While it's hot, it's kind of thin, like Hershey's syrup consistency-wise, but I like it best cold out of the fridge -- it's thick and pours sloooowly over the ice cream (or cake or whatever). Yum!
Top Review by Sunnybaye
This is THEE BEST fudge sauce I've ever had. Was a huge hit at my DD's 4th b-day party. Five Stars all the way! I have made this again and again, its wonderful everytime. To the person who said that it was too runny....you must have done something wrong. I've never had it turn out less than perfect. My kids even love making chocolate milk with it! AWESOME recipe!!
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup milk (I use skim b/c it's what I have on hand and it works fine)
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 dash salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine dry ingredients in medium bowl and set aside.
- Combine butter& all liquid ingredients-- EXCEPT VANILLA-- in saucepan over medium heat.
- Increase heat to medium high, and add dry ingredients.
- Stir until mixture comes to full boil.
- Boil 3 minutes.
- Add vanilla and let cool.
- Keeps well in fridge.