Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
I got this one from a friend on another website and adapted it to suit our taste. You can serve it as-is, but I often add shrimp, crab, grilled chicken, vegetables, or a combination of them. This is easily changed to suit what you have on-hand or what you think will taste better.
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 slices bacon, diced
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Saute onions and garlic in olive oil until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add bacon, mushrooms and cook for 10 minutes or until bacon is done, stirring occasionally.
- Add soup, sour cream and pepper and stir until creamy.
- Simmer on low for 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Serve over your favorite pasta.
I made this without the bacon as a quick sauce for my afternoon pasta snack and I will admit that it was okay however I felt that the mushroom was a tad overpowering for my tastes.