Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Pure maple goodness from Vermont
- 1 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup butter (no substitutes)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup ground walnuts (measure first, then grind)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour a 13x9"pan.
- Cream together butter and brown sugar.
- Beat in eggs until well mixed, and then beat in the maple syrup until blended.
- Beat in flour and baking powder.
- Mix in ground walnuts. ( Note: I don't like to grind the walnuts to powder - leave a few little nuggets for texture.).
- Spread batter evenly in pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 min., or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool and cut into squares. (How many depends on the size you cut them).
SSssssooooooo good! This is going to be my new birthday "cake" that I make for myself. Perfect fresh from the oven and still warm...especially now that it has gotten cooler outside. The house smelled wonderful while this was baking with the scent of maple permeating the air. Great dessert!!!