1/1 Photo of Pumpkin-Pecan Braid
Karen From Colorado's Note:
This recipe comes together very easy and uses classic holiday pantry ingredients. Its aroma makes getting up for breakfast a treat for adults and kids alike. Reduce the fat in each serving by using reduced fat crescent dinner rolls.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Spray cookie sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- 3Combine pumpkin, brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and egg yolk in a medium bowl; blend well.
- 4Stir in 1/2 cup pecans.
- 5Unroll dough onto prepared cookie sheet; firmly press edges and perforations to seal.
- 6Press to form 13 x 7-inch rectangle.
- 7Spread filling in a 3 1/2 inch wide strip lengthwise down the center of the rectangle to within 1 inch of the ends.
- 8With scissors or sharp knife, make cuts 1 inch aprt on long sides of dough rectangle just to the edge of the filling.
- 9Fold strips at an angle across filling, overlapping ends and alternating from side to side.
- 10Beat egg white in a small bowl until foamy; brush over dough.
- 11Bake 20 to 30 minutes or until deep golden brown.
- 12Immediately remove from cooking sheet to a serving platter.
- 13Blend powdered sugar and enough milk to make drizzling consistency.
- 14Drizzle over warm coffee cake.
- 15Sprinkle with pecans.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin-Pecan Braid
Serving Size: 1 (112 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 305.1
- Calories from Fat 105
- Total Fat 11.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 54.3 mg
- Sodium 297.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 24.7 g
- Protein 6.1 g