Jazz Lover's Note:
Found on Pinterest. Looks delicious! I am going to have to make this in the fall.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 2 whole eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup brown sugar, Divided
- 1/2 cup flour
- 4 tablespoons butter, Melted
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- 2In a large bowl mix together the water, pumpkin, eggs, 1 Tablespoon of vanilla, and pumpkin pie spice until well combined.
- 3Add the cake mix and baking soda and mix until just combined.
- 4Grease a 9×13 pan with butter and pour batter into pan.
- 5In a small bowl mix together 1/2 cup of brown sugar, 1/2 cup flour and melted butter.
- 6Use your fingers to sprinkle over the top of the cake.
- 7Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- 8For the glaze, combine the other 1/2 cup brown sugar, granulated sugar, 1 teaspoon vanilla, and heavy cream in a saucepan and bring to a simmer.
- 9Remove from heat and stir until all sugar is dissolved.
- 10When cake is finished baking, poke holes in the top with a toothpick. Pour glaze over the cake, making sure to cover all surfaces.
- 11Serve cake warm or at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin Coffee Cake With Brown Sugar Glaze
Serving Size: 1 (132 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 366.1
- Calories from Fat 103
- Total Fat 11.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Cholesterol 48.8 mg
- Sodium 438.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 41.1 g
- Protein 4.0 g