Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Found on Pinterest. Looks delicious! I am going to have to make this in the fall.
Make and share this Pumpkin Coffee Cake With Brown Sugar Glaze recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 2 whole eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup brown sugar, Divided
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 4 tablespoons butter, Melted
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup heavy whipping cream
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl mix together the water, pumpkin, eggs, 1 Tablespoon of vanilla, and pumpkin pie spice until well combined.
- Add the cake mix and baking soda and mix until just combined.
- Grease a 9×13 pan with butter and pour batter into pan.
- In a small bowl mix together 1/2 cup of brown sugar, 1/2 cup flour and melted butter.
- Use your fingers to sprinkle over the top of the cake.
- Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- For the glaze, combine the other 1/2 cup brown sugar, granulated sugar, 1 teaspoon vanilla, and heavy cream in a saucepan and bring to a simmer.
- Remove from heat and stir until all sugar is dissolved.
- When cake is finished baking, poke holes in the top with a toothpick. Pour glaze over the cake, making sure to cover all surfaces.
- Serve cake warm or at room temperature.
It was a bit too sweet for my taste but overall it was very good. Everyone enjoyed it