Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I am trying to make a low carb, high protein, high fiber energy bar. I have combined a couple recipes I have found and am trying this today. I have added more protein powder and benefiber to this recipe to make it more of what I want.
- 1 1⁄2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup crispy rice cereal
- 1⁄4 cup sesame seeds
- 1 1⁄2 cups dried apricots
- 1 1⁄2 cups raisins
- 1 cup protein powder
- 1⁄4 cup psyllium (Benefiber)
- 1⁄2 cup toasted wheat germ
- 1 cup brown rice syrup
- 1 cup Splenda granular
- 1 1⁄2 cups peanut butter
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spread oats, cereal and sesame seeds in 13" x 9" pan.
- bake, stirring occasionally, until oats are toasted, about 15 minutes.
- Add raisins, protein powder, wheat germ and benefiber; Mix till combined.
- Lightly coat pan with cooking spray.
- Combine rice syrup and splend in sauce pan over mediom heat and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to low and stir in peanut butter, vanilla and cinnamon.
- Pour syrup over oatmeal mixture and stir well.
- Spread mixture into pan, pressing into thin even layer.
- Chill till firm (about 4 hours).
- Cut into 2"x3" bars.