In response to a request, this is my favorite way to enjoy prickly pear fruit! *Note: For some reason it won't let me type in 'Prickly Pear Cactus Fruit.' So where it says in the ingredients to use prickly pear cactus, I really mean the fruit, not the actual cactus!! :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Prepare margarita glass rim by dipping into lime juice, and then coarse salt.
- 2Put ice into a shaker.
- 3Add tequila, Grand Marnier, fruit and sweet and sour.
- 4Shake vigorously and pour into prepared margarita glass.
- 5Garnish with a wedge of lime.
- 6*Use very ripe uncooked fruit, cleaned and peeled.
- 7You can just slice off the stickers, if the store didn't do it for you.
- 8You peel a prickly pear fruit by very carefully slicing down one side of the fruit, then, using the knife, pulling back the peel until you come all the way around the fruit.
- 9Then puree it with either a food processor or blender, and chill.
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Prickly Pear Margaritas
Serving Size: 1 (393 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 29.2
- Calories from Fat 3
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 6.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
prepared sweet-and-sour mix