Recipe by ChipotleChick
In response to a request, this is my favorite way to enjoy prickly pear fruit! *Note: For some reason it won't let me type in 'Prickly Pear Cactus Fruit.' So where it says in the ingredients to use prickly pear cactus, I really mean the fruit, not the actual cactus!! :)
- 1 ounce premium tequila
- 1⁄2 ounce Grand Marnier
- 2 1⁄2 ounces peeled and pureed prickly pears, chilled
- 2 1⁄2 ounces prepared sweet-and-sour mix
- lime wedge
- coarse salt
- 1 cup ice cube
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare margarita glass rim by dipping into lime juice, and then coarse salt.
- Put ice into a shaker.
- Add tequila, Grand Marnier, fruit and sweet and sour.
- Shake vigorously and pour into prepared margarita glass.
- Garnish with a wedge of lime.
- *Use very ripe uncooked fruit, cleaned and peeled.
- You can just slice off the stickers, if the store didn't do it for you.
- You peel a prickly pear fruit by very carefully slicing down one side of the fruit, then, using the knife, pulling back the peel until you come all the way around the fruit.
- Then puree it with either a food processor or blender, and chill.