1/2 Photos of Pretty to Look at Brown Sugar Glazed Carrots
Crissi Morris's Note:
Golden carrot strips that are great for any holiday! This is a great recipe I modified from Betty Crocker.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat 1 inch water to boiling in 3-quart saucepan.
- 2Add carrots and, if desired, 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- 3Cover and heat to boiling; reduce heat.
- 4Simmer covered 12 to 15 minutes or until carrots are tender.
- 5While carrots are cooking, heat brown sugar, butter, orange peel and 1/2 teaspoon salt in 10- or 12-inch skillet over medium heat, stirring constantly, until sugar is dissovled and mixture is bubbly.
- 6Be careful not to overcook or the mixture will taste scorched.
- 7Remove from heat.
- 8Drain carrots.
- 9Stir carrots into brown sugar mixture.
- 10Cook over low heat about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally and gently, until carrots are glazed and hot.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pretty to Look at Brown Sugar Glazed Carrots
Serving Size: 1 (83 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 143.5
- Calories from Fat 53
- Total Fat 5.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 232.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 20.2 g
- Protein 0.5 g