Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This recipe uses my Pressure Cooker Chicken Fillets, Basis for Savory Pies Etc "Pressure Cooker Chicken Fillets, Basis for Savory Pies Etc" as a basis for preparing the chicken. I'm trying to eat a little healthier and like that this recipe contains no "cream of..." soups or milk or cream so the fat and calories are lower than some of my more decadent lasagnas. This whips up in next to no time because most of the work has been done while in the preparation of the chicken stage. I also like this because just adding peas makes a quick and simple weekday meal, and any preferred veggies can be either added to the mix before putting it into the oven or served alongside. Best of all, if you are on a budget or have people to feed that seemingly have hollow legs, the chicken mixture can easily be padded out with a heap of veggies and it still tastes great. Preparation time assumes that you have pre- made recipe Pressure Cooker Chicken Fillets. ZWT REGION: The Netherlands.
- 1 kg cooked chicken (I use my pressure cooker chicken Pressure Cooker Chicken Fillets, Basis for Savory Pies Etc)
- 250 g frozen peas
- 500 g potatoes (thinly sliced)
- 1 tablespoon butter
Optional Vegetables include
- sweetcorn (fresh or canned) (optional)
- zucchini (sliced) (optional)
- sweet red pepper (sliced) (optional)
- leek (sliced finely) (optional)
- broccoli (small pieces, microwaved first for 3-5 minutes) (optional)
- carrot (sliced, microwaved first for 3-5 minutes) (optional)
- Heat the oven to 200°C (400°F).
- Rub the butter over the bottom of a 23 x 23cm ( 9 x 9 inch) baking dish.
- Stir the peas into the chicken ragout mix from recipe#195716, mix well and pack into the oven dish.
- Top with sliced potatoes.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes until the potatoes on the top are cooked though.