Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
These are so good. I have used walnuts in place in the pecans and it has turned out just as good. This recipe came from Mary Brownlow, a friend of the family.
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 cup pecans (chopped)
- 1 (16 ounce) box graham crackers
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Mix butter, margarine and sugar and bring to a boil for 2 minutes. Add pecans.
- Spray cookie sheet with non stick spray. Line cookie sheet with crackers.
- Spread mixture over crackers.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Cool and break apart.
I have made there before, but used sliced almonds. I ladle the sauce over each cracker, then put the sliced almonds on each one. These are VERY good!
I have also used a Butter Cracker instead of the graham cracker.