Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 2 baked potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- sea salt
- 1 large ripe avocado, halved and stoned
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 red chile, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 lime, juice of
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- Bake the potatoes.
- Raise the oven temperature to 425 degrees.
- Halve the potatoes and scoop out the flesh to leave a 1/4 inch thick shell.
- Cut each half into 4 strips, place in a bowl and toss with the oil.
- Arrange the strips, skin-side down, on a sturdy baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with coarse sea salt and bake for 20 minutes or until the strips are crisp and golden brown.
- Make the guacamole: place the avocado flesh in a bowl and mash with a fork until fairly smooth.
- Stir in the garlic, chili, and cilantro.
- Add lime juice and salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer to a bowl and serve with the crispy skins.
Oh Potato skins!! Guacamole!! To have the two served together. YUMMO. Eating Guacamole with potato skins instead of serving it with bread or crackers is much nicer. All the potato skins that I have tried have been deep fried, therefore it was a lovely change to have oven baked skins. We had a barbecue tonight and I server this up and within 10 minutes there was nothing left. To me that speaks volumes about the quality of the recipe. I doubled this quantity and kept the left over potato to contribute to Potato Muffins for the next day. Thank you Dancer^ for sharing this with us.