Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I love thinly sliced crispy potatoes, and adding cheese to them just makes them all the better. I have searched for a recipe for this dish for a while, and I ended up combining parts of several recipes. I have tried lots of variations, this recipe is my favorite. But you can try differant cheeses, adding herbs, chives, green onions, etc...
- 1 lb baking potato, cut very thin
- 1⁄4 cup clarified butter or 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 ounces shredded gruyere cheese
- 2 ounces fresh goat cheese
- Pre-heat oven to 450.
- Place the potatoes in a medium bowl, pour clarified butter or olive oil & parmesan cheese over, and toss to coat.
- Arrange half the potatoes, flower fashion, in a 9-inch ovenproof skillet.
- Cook over med heat until the edges begin to brown and potatoes stick together.
- (This will keep the cheeses from running through) about 5 minute.
- Sprinkle with cheeses and cover with remaining potatoes, arranged the same way as the bottom layer.
- Set in the oven for 10 minute.
- Carefully flip potatoes with a wide spatula (or turn over onto a plate, and return to pan) Brown on med heat 5 minute.
- Return to the oven for an additional 5 minute.
- Cut into 4 servings, keep warm.
What a delightful dish. The combination of the cheeses is a nice surprise. Great presentation.
This is not a review technically speaking, since I haven't made this recipe, but I couldn't resist complimenting the pic. The recipe's pretty simple too, so I can't wait to sink my teenth into it. I'll probably garnish with spring onions or parsley.