1/1 Photo of Potato Cheese Galette
Lois M's Note:
I love thinly sliced crispy potatoes, and adding cheese to them just makes them all the better. I have searched for a recipe for this dish for a while, and I ended up combining parts of several recipes. I have tried lots of variations, this recipe is my favorite. But you can try differant cheeses, adding herbs, chives, green onions, etc...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pre-heat oven to 450.
- 2Place the potatoes in a medium bowl, pour clarified butter or olive oil & parmesan cheese over, and toss to coat.
- 3Arrange half the potatoes, flower fashion, in a 9-inch ovenproof skillet.
- 4Cook over med heat until the edges begin to brown and potatoes stick together.
- 5(This will keep the cheeses from running through) about 5 minute.
- 6Sprinkle with cheeses and cover with remaining potatoes, arranged the same way as the bottom layer.
- 7Set in the oven for 10 minute.
- 8Carefully flip potatoes with a wide spatula (or turn over onto a plate, and return to pan) Brown on med heat 5 minute.
- 9Return to the oven for an additional 5 minute.
- 10Cut into 4 servings, keep warm.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato Cheese Galette
Serving Size: 1 (162 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 337.5
- Calories from Fat 199
- Total Fat 22.2 g
- Saturated Fat 14.0 g
- Cholesterol 62.7 mg
- Sodium 222.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 11.9 g