Prep 5 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This is the "best tasting" roast I've ever had. The gravy was, "out of this world". "Mmm" "Mmm" "GOOD"!!!
- 3 -4 lbs roast (almost any kind will do, but I used pork)
- 1 (12 ounce) can Pepsi or 1 (12 ounce) can Coke
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (1 ounce) package dry onion soup mix
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Place roast in a roasting pan that can be covered tightly.
- Pour Pepsi or Coke over the roast.
- In a bowl, mix soups and garlic together.
- Spread evenly over the roast.
- Cover tightly.
- Bake for 3 - 4 hours at 325 degrees.
This was very easy to make. After I had baked loin I added some chicken broth to the liquid and thicken the gravy using cornstarch. Everyone liked the slightly sweet taste the Pepsi gave the gravy.
30 stars! This is the ONLY way I make A roast now. Fanmily love this and drool over thought of it for dinner. I gave this recepie out at work and am now famous for it! Thanks for making me a winner! Update: 2/22/2010: Made this again but with beef. WOW! pork was good but beef roast look out fabulious. oh and ia used crockpot this time with nothing but wonderful results. Thanks again
Very good roast recipe. (I overcooked by an hour, I dont know what I was thinking) Still turned out tasty, although dry due to my dumbness. I poured jucies from roaster in pot and boiled to make a gravy, was already very thick so I didnt have to add anything. Still great, and very pleased with roast. I used a 2.5 lb beef roast and shredded when it was done. Thanks for recipe!