Recipe by Chef shapeweaver �
I had some roast leftover from Awesome Slow Cooker Pot Roast. And I didn't want to make sandwiches out of it so, this is what happened. Please feel free to change the amounts in the recipe to suit your tastes. If you like serve this with a salad and dinner roll,and you have a complete meal.Both baking times are included in cooking time. Submitted to "ZAAR" on November 14th, 2007.
Top Review by lazyme
We loved these. Very easy and a great recipe for using leftover roast. We both thought that it might also be really good to add some sour cream to either the potatoes or the meat sauce but was really good as it is. Thanks for sharing this great keeper. Made for Cookbook Tag.
- 2 large baking potatoes, scrubbed clean
- 1⁄4-1⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄8 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper (or to taste)
- 3⁄4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 3⁄4 cup of leftover pot roast, with
Directions See How It's Made
- Bake potatoes at 350ºF for one hour 15 minutes.
- Cool for 20 minutes or until cool enough to handle.
- When potatoes are cool enough, cut a thin strip off the top.
- Remove potato, leaving a shell about 1/4 inch thick.
- Place potato pulp in a medium sized bowl, mash with fork (some lumps will remain).
- Combine rest of ingredients with potato pulp, (mixture will be thick) except pot roast.
- Divide potato mixture into shells, then make a "well".
- Place equal parts of pot roast w/gravy in each potato "well".
- Place potatoes in a oven-proof dish and return to oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Enjoy !