Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Recipe from Elle second cookbook. Really deeply delicious with a wonderful crunch.
- peel and wash potatoes and cut into very thin slices.
- chop peeled onions and garlic finely.
- heat oil in heavy iron casserole and add the potato slices in layers with onion and garlic and seasoning in between.
- cover the pan and cook over medium to brisk heat.
- at first sign of steam take a large flat spoon or fllodslice and turn the potatoes over, in sections, to cook on the other side.
- Do this twice BUT ONLY TWICE more.
- after 25-30 mins of cooking time serve at once.
- Note; if potatoes tend to stick to pan lower heat, DO NOT ADD ANY LIQUID.
These were very much enjoyed! I halved the recipe, and reduced the garlic a bit. Also added a sprig of thyme, but they would be very nice still without it or any other extra seasoning.Thank you for sharing, Lindsey!
Great potatoes! Simple and tasty. I added a little fresh tarragon, thyme and white pepper as seasonings in between the layers. I may have over cooked them a bit, because many of them crumbled while turning, lol. Thanks lindseylcw for a nice side dish. Made for ZWT5 2009 Family Picks.
Really liked these potatoes, easy to make, though it did take longer than I anticipated. But the result was worth it as a great side dish. ZWT5