Recipe by Shawn C
Another restaurant favorite of mine and my family. I usually double the sauce recipe and freeze for later use. The fried chicken pieces also freeze well for a quick dinner later!
Top Review by Jennifer Osborn
We LOVED this recipe! The simplicity of it makes it wonderful for a weeknight dinner, but the simmering sauce is so good that it also makes a wonderful weekend meal. It smells so good. Use good quality chicken, or the meat may be too tough.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, sliced to make 8 then pounded flat
- 2 (28 ounce) canscrushed roma tomatoes
- parmesan cheese
- mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons basil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3 -5 garlic cloves (minced or crushed)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- spaghetti noodles
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- MARINARA SAUCE: cook garlic slowly in 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- About 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes, salt and basil.
- Let simmer for about a hour.
- CHICKEN: Salt chicken very little.
- Mix about 2-3 tablespoons parmesan cheese in the egg.
- Dip each breast into egg then dust with bread crumbs.
- Fry in skillet in enough oil to coat the skillet.
- Be careful not to burn.
- Brown on a low to medium heat on both sides until chicken is done.
- Cook spaghetti according to directions.
- PREHEAT OVEN 375°.
- In casserole dish place chicken flat.
- Ladle 1 or 2 spoonfuls of sauce on top of each breast put desired amount of grated mozzarella on top.
- Bake until cheese is melted.
- Serve over noodles with more sauce.
- Garnish with parmesan cheese.
- **For added ZIP: Squeeze fresh lemon juice over chicken before you put on the sauce and into the oven!