Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Recipe from rasamalaysia.com
Make and share this Pok Pok Wings (Vietnamese Fish Sauce Wings) recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup fish sauce
- 1⁄4 cup superfine sugar
- 8 garlic cloves, 5 crushed and 3 minced
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken wings
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, plus more for frying
- 1⁄3 cup cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon mint, chopped
- In a bowl, whisk the fish sauce, sugar and crushed garlic. Add the wings and toss to coat. Refrigerate for 3 hours, tossing the wings occasionally.
- Heat the 2 tablespoons of oil in a small skillet. Add the minced garlic; cook over moderate heat until golden, 3 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
- In a large pot, heat 2 inches of oil to 350°. Pat the wings dry on paper towels; reserve the marinade. Put the cornstarch in a shallow bowl, add the wings and turn to coat. Fry the wings in batches until golden and cooked through, about 10 minutes. Drain on paper towels and transfer to a bowl.
- In a small saucepan, simmer the marinade over moderately high heat until syrupy, 5 minutes. Strain over the wings and toss. Top with the cilantro, mint and fried garlic and serve immediately.
Delicious but very salty -- good with cold beer!