1/2 Photos of Poinsettia Sipper (With "cocktail" Variation)
This looks like a festive beverage to serve for the holidays that may be served warm or chilled. It's from Cooking Light, December, 1995. A "cocktail" variation with alcohol is included below (with an increase of 150 calories per serving).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large saucepan combine the juices, sugar, cloves, cinnamon sticks and water, stirring until the sugar dissolves.
- 2Bring to a simmer; cover and simmer 30 minutes.
- 3Remove cloves and cinnamon sticks from the pan with a slotted spoon.
- 4Serve warm or chilled.
- 5Garnish with orange rind curls, if desired.
- 6Variation with Alcohol:.
- 7For a Poinsettia Cocktail, add 1 Tablespoon Vodka to each serving.
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Poinsettia Sipper (With "cocktail" Variation)
Serving Size: 1 (286 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 151.1
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 5.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 36.0 g
- Protein 0.0 g